MSEd, CBTC, ADD/ADHDCoach, Private Tutor
I look forward to helping your child embrace challenges, feel powerful, and enjoy more positive, rewarding relationships.
ADHD and ADD Coach
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Coach
* Family Systems Counselor, 10 years
* Classroom Teacher, 17 years
* ADD and ADHD Coach, 10 years
* Learning Specialist
* Cognitive Behavioral Coach
* ADD and ADHD Parent/Educator Workshop Presenter
Education and Certification
* Bachelors of Arts, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, Child Psychology
* Masters of Science, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA, Elementary Education
* Licensed Teacher, PA and FL
* Certified CBT Coach
* Certified Life Coach
* Certified Mindfulness Coach
* Massachusetts General Hospital, Academy of Psychiatry
* CHADD, Children and adults with ADD
* ADDA, Attention Deficit Disorder Association
* Psychology Today, Professional Directory
About 20 years ago, after a wonderful career as a family systems counselor and having earned my Masters of Science in Education, I was the single mother of an amazing son. He had just been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and Oppositional Defiant Disorder and was failing third grade. I threw myself into researching his learning disabilities in order to find those hidden pathways which would enable him to learn. Although the consensus of many well-meaning professionals was that my son would never be successful in school, I saw things differently. I made sure that we both understood his unique learning styles so thoroughly that together we were able to uncover ways for him to learn. We tried, and failed, to learn as many strategies as we could, until we found one that worked. My son proceeded earn a BA in History as a Presidential Scholar , Summa Cum Laude, from Slippery Rock University's Honors Program. He recently earned a MA in International Relations with Distinction (the English version of Summa Cum Laude). from Bristol University Graduate School in England.
As a classroom teacher, Learning Specialist, CBT Coach, ADHD Coach, and Workshop Presenter, I have spent the past 19 years helping children discover their hidden strengths and assuring them, and their families, that every child is capable of achieving amazing things.
How I Can Help
It is my job to incorporate my knowledge and understandings gained as a counselor, classroom teacher, Cognitive Behavior and ADHD Coach, and parent to help your child reach his or her hidden potential and achieve amazing things.
Your child will become empowered and feel capable, as he or she learns new strategies to replace ineffective ones.
I look forward to hearing your hopes and dreams for your child and discussing how I can help. There will be no charge for this conversation, or for your child's first session.
Phone: (941) 203-3314